Friday, March 20, 2009

Friendly Chaps Photo Club | Portland, Oregon


Daniel Stark Photography


Daniel Stark Photography

daniel stark photography

__________

Last night was the big photography presentation for my students. For the past 8 weeks I have been teaching a photography class during an after school program for elementary students at Friendly House Community Center.

They learned everything about how a camera works. From aperture, shutter speed and film speed to lighting, depth of field, and composition, these chaps learned it all! We also learned about different types of cameras and lenses and studied photographers.

Each week we studied different types of photography ranging from portraits and landscapes to macro and abstracts. Most of the time was spent in the field, seizing moments and capturing images.

It was such an awesome experience for me to teach these kids and watch them creatively grow. I am super proud of them.

One of my students came up to me and told me that Sunday is his birthday and he says "you wanna know what I am gonna ask for?!" He doesn't even wait for my response cause he is so excited. "A camera!" He yells out.


You can see their work by viewing the slideshow below.

-----

Portland Oregon Wedding and Event Photography Daniel Stark


__________




4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so neat to see Daniel-excellent job to you & your kids!

Aaron said...

That is so awesome! Great pictures- such a cool display. You kids looked like they had a lot of fun and learned a ton. Excellent!

Unknown said...

great job on the slideshow - they took some excellent pics!

Aubrie said...

You did a great job teaching the kids, they had some awesome shots. I be the experience was awesome...will you be teaching another class next year or semester or however it works?